Flybridge reassembly, front hatch

I am installing the instruments and windscreen on the flybridge. I picked white opaque acrylic instead of smoked acrylic because I wanted a more modern monochromatic look. On the port side I have kill switches so I’ll have to go in the cabin to restart the motors. On the starboard side, I have the switches for the trim tabs and the horn, plus a few blanks for other electrical use.

 

 

After painting the front hatch, I am using a combination of butyl, Sika 291 and TefGel to secure the hatch.I used EPDM rubber to isolate all of the dissimilar metals. I added a small slit to encourage weeping so water does not accumulate under the stantion base.

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s